Friday, August 3, 2012

Vegas Baby

This past week, I got the rare chance to have an "adult vacation." As much as I adore my boys, and miss them when they're gone....it was so nice to be able to get away for a few days and just be me. 
Jake planned this whole trip to Vegas for us....and I have to say....he did an amazing job. (And that's a compliment coming from an event planning girl!)

The Luxor is one of my favorite hotels (it was the very first one I stayed in when I was little on a family trip) The room was just gorgeous...there was even a phone by the toilet in the bathroom! I had to get a picture of it because it was so funny. 
 Our room view was breathtaking of the pyramid. We were almost at the top of the tower and could see everything from our window, which was from floor to ceiling. 
 This dude loves Coca Cola. And that's not an exaggeration. He has Coke everything in his kitchen and collects anything with the logo on it. So, of course for his first time in Vegas we had to hit up the Coca Cola Factory. The "Cokes from around the World" is a must when you're here. It was really fun tasting the different flavors....although I really only liked three of them. :)
 The Coke-a-holic dropped a few pennies in this store....to say the least. It was really fun watching how excited he got over all of the Coke things he was bringing home. He even made sure to bring home souvenirs for the whole fam. 
 Another obsession of his is Halo....so when I saw Master Chief I knew we had to get a picture. Although he didn't want ask for a pic at first...I know he'll thank me later when this exact picture is blown up poster-size and hanging in his living room. 
 We explored so much in one day, that the thought of leaving the hotel room and finding dinner somewhere was exhausting. So we had pizza delivered to the room....however it was Vegas Style! They had a 30" pizza! Seriously HUGE! But Jake loves his pizza, so of course we had to give it a shot! I mean, when in Vegas.....
 We got to experience a helicopter tour over the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the Vegas Strip. We left at dusk so we could see the Dam and Lake, then on our way back it was dark and strip was lit up, the sunset was absolutely breathtaking from the air. You can't tell, but the "nametags" on our shirts are our "boarding passes" super funny! 

 I had to ride in the elevator at the Luxor for the pyramid, even though our room was in a tower. You actually hang at an angle when going up and down...so like dorks we totally rode up and down in the elevator....just to do it. :)

I didn't have my camera for everything we were able to do, but it was so nice to escape and have a great time. Coming home and getting to see the boys was awesome, I missed those little men. I don't escape, hardly ever, so I appreciated every second of our vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment