Friday, August 3, 2012

4th of July

Super late...I know. But our July was absolutely PACKED full of fun activities, it was hard to keep up with everything. 

The boys had been asking me for awhile now to go camping sometime this summer...well I'm not the "camper-type" so there needed to be a little bit of compromising for all three of us. 

Jake and I set up a tent in his backyard and had a camp-out with the boys "mommy-style." It was actually way fun! 



 The boys had the best time playing in the tent and making up games with each other. 

We absolutely had to roast some marshmallows, I mean what's camping without those roasted pieces of heaven right? Jake was really cute showing the boys how to "perfectly" roast them....although I have to admit  I'm a huge believer in actually getting them engulfed in flame before they're ready to eat. 


 The next day we walked to the parade, which happened to be a couple blocks from the house. 
Here are the boys waiting in anticipation....

I have to say, this parade seriously ROCKED! Look at what the boys scored. We also had waters, Popsicles and coupons passed out too. The boys were pretty proud.... 

At the city park there was a pretty cool carnival with lots to do. The boys saw Spiderman and just had to get their picture taken with him. 


The city park just so happens to have a splashpad there as well.....the boys could have stayed there all day! I  think Splashpads are the world's greatest invention. 


There was a  super cute train ride that the boys rode on for their "last" activity of the carnival. They were in the caboose, and loved every second of it. 


We then came back home to make our 4th of July "food craft." I'm all about the fun activities, especially when they involve frosting and sugar.....
Our pretzel sparklers and festive strawberries turned out really cute!

Overall, it was a great day and such a fun memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment