Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Proposal.... 12-1-12

December 1, 2012 is a day to remembered. Jake Eskelsen changed the lives of me and my boys on this day. 

We were all going out for Jake's birthday (the very next day) so dinner at Timbermine was on the docket for that night. I got the boys a little early from Scott so we could all go to dinner with the extended family as well. We came home, got dressed up a little to go out to a nice restaurant and headed off. 

I had this whole night planned, the communication with everyone was done through me, the presents for Jake were all known by me and the schedule was right on track to celebrate a wonderful evening out for Jake's 31st birthday. 

We arrived at the Timbermine and waited a little bit before being seated, so the boys and I (with my sister) went exploring) Once seated I could tell Brax was going to be weird for my mom, so I took the boys to the bathroom to distract and occupy them until our food came. My mom and sister joined us in the bathroom making it tight quarters, then all of sudden Jane comes in and tells me that Jake needs me. (Super rude I might add, if I'm in the bathroom with the boys Jake needs to just wait) but to keep the peace I left and sat down. 
Once seated next to Jake again, I asked with my little attitude, "You summond?" He said the waitress was looking for me but they got it all figured out. I was a little annoyed, I'm not going to lie. But it was his night so I let it go. 
After we all ate and enjoyed chatting with each other, I noticed Carter and Brax were wearing different under shirts than I had put them in to come tonight. I was shocked and confused. (I mean who would be messing with the boys' clothes?) I asked Jake what they were wearing, and he looked at my sister and said, "Ready Ju?" So then Brax and Carter came over to me and took off their button up shirts to show me what was underneath them. They were shirts that asked me to Marry Jake.

Once I turned to look at Jake in disbelief he already had a ring out and asked me to marry him. I was in utter shock! I had no idea this was happening and didn't know what to say. I of course muttered "yes" and put the ring on, but was in utter shock to do much of anything else. I had no idea what to say or think. 

The boys were so excited, Carter really understood what it meant and was thrilled to be a part of the proposal. 

We finished up dinner, Jake opened his birthday presents and then everyone congratulated us and we all headed home. I kept my thoughts together and was going through the motions (because I was still in shock) until we got to the car. The boys were in their boosters in the back seat while Jake and I were putting things in the trunk, he leaned over to me and said, "Ready to take our family home baby?" I broke down right then and there and sobbed like a baby. This is the family I've wanted for the boys and I, this is the life I've been trying to create and this is the partner in crime I've been longing for. Life doesn't get better than this. 











No comments:

Post a Comment