Thursday, December 27, 2012

Halloween...

This year was so much fun for Halloween. There were so many things going on between the boys' school,  neighborhood parties and friend get-togethers. 
The boys and I made the cutest "mummies" one night. Jane gave me an awesome Halloween book that showed us how to make them. The boys had a great time decorating the twinkies (this was before the shortage)
We went over to a friend's house one night and all the kids got to carve pumpkins. The boys had a blast, it was so fun to see what everyone created. 
Carter's YMCA after school program had a family night where they made caramel apples. I took the boys all dressed in their costumes and we had a blast putting various toppings on them. 
Carter loves Miss Michelle. I have to admit, I am so thrilled with the program as a whole. I was very skeptical in the beginning but they have honestly been the best part of school for Carter. 

I was fortunate enough to go to Carter's school and help with their Halloween party that same week. I brought our trusty old pumpkin toss game and the kids loved it. Carter loved that I was there helping too. The next morning driving to school to drop off Carter, Brax had asked when I was going to his school to help. I felt so bad that I haven't been to his school (they really don't have the parents volunteer at daycare because they know we all work) so I took that little boy home and we made some Halloween oreos together. It was just us, and so much fun. He really had a great time doing something fun with mommy, without big brother around. 
Here's a blurry, yet sufficient family pic. 


The cousins all had so much fun trick or treating together. Carter was in "character" all night. He would bend over and talk like he was stabbed. (Super cute!)
We also got to go to the ward trunk or treat with Jane and Cambrieal. Jake met us there right after work. 
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment