Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reflections.....A New Influence....

My life has changed so much in the last 6 months. I have moved with the boys into my mom's, began commuting everyday, learned to sleep alone, been forced to search deep in my soul to find the strength and desire to press forward in a positive way, and had to learn how to enter the dating world after 10 years. 
I have to admit, dating is FUN! Way more exciting and easier than I thought. I've done things I've always wanted to and had different people show me a new version of life I never knew existed. 
I've had the amazing opportunity of having one man in particular influence my life immensely. He has eased me out of my comfort zone, is teaching me to live in the moment and offers support in all of the right ways...not to mention we work so well together.  
The latest adventure he's taken me on was snowshoeing. I have to admit, for someone who had never done something like this, it was super fun. 
 The mountains were gorgeous, the day was so pretty and the peaceful quiet of being away from everyone was priceless. I had never taken the time to relax, and really take in the scenery. It was breath-taking.
 I've also been trying out some "camo" inspired attire lately. This really isn't my hat, but I have tried to enjoy other color schemes than my black work clothes. Think I pull off "hunter-wear?" :)
Zac is also super sweet with the boys. He is so positive with them, but also helps me when they're naughty. The support he gives me when I'm disciplining them is one of my favorite things about him. (I know that sounds bad, but it's a nice change for me) 
We play games, watch movies, cook dinner and hang out at his house on a regular basis....I keep wondering what single guy would want an instant family right? For some reason he kinda likes the three of us. 
Carter loves going over to Zac's and learning all about being a firefighter....
 Braxton thinks fighting fires is awesome, so he's always up for "helping" Zac. 
The positive environment, support and fun-loving attitude he provides for all of us has been just what we've needed. 
Thanks for being amazing to us, Zac. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough patch. Hope your new friend is as much a sweetheart as he sounds. :)

    ReplyDelete